iPhones aren’t cheap to buy or repair. It’s also a hustle trying to find a good iPhone repair store which is why you need to take all precautions necessary to avoid damaging or losing your iPhone. If you’re looking for information to help you save money and avoid the challenges of dealing with iPhone disasters, here’s what you need to know.
A few facts can save you money and heart ache: How to avoid iPhone disaster
1. Setup a passcode immediately: This is an obvious but commonly overlooked security measure that needs to be taken to avoid phone disasters like data theft. Smartphones get lost or stolen all the time so it is important to protect your personal data such as images, texts, videos among other sensitive data that may be stored on your phone. The latest iPhones today allow you to prevent unauthorized access using a passcode as well as a Touch ID (fingerprint). If you haven’t enabled these security features, do so immediately to avoid a serious data breach/identity theft case if your iPhone is stolen.
2. Backup your iPhone: This is another data related measure you must take to avoid the loss of important data if your phone gets lost or stolen. iPhones have superior capabilities that match and even surpass those of regular computers. In fact, many people work/transact business on their iPhones. To avoid losing crucial documents, contacts, messages among other important data, you should activate backup features like iCloud to ensure you always have access to important data when your phone is stolen or lost. iCloud backs up data realtime as long as you are connected to the internet. This ensures you never lose data at any given time.
3. Invest in a screen protector: The best way to avoid iPhone disasters like a broken or cracked screen is to have a screen protector installed on your phone. There are many good iPhone screen protectors on sale today. You should visit a reputable iPhone store to get a screen protector that meets manufacturer’s standards and specifications. The risk of dropping your iPhone and damaging the screen are very high so buying a screen protector is justified. Furthermore, the cost of repairing a damaged iPhone screen is way higher than the cost of a screen protector.
4. Invest in a waterproof casing: A waterproof iPhone casing is a great investment for avoiding water damage. Water is known to damage all kinds of electronics including Smartphones. If your iPhone isn’t waterproof, you need to invest in a waterproof casing or risk losing your data or damaging your iPhone completely in the worst case scenario.
5. Get phone insurance: You are bound to save a lot of money if you insure your iPhone against all kinds of risks imaginable. Phone insurance also protects you from the heartache of having to deal with phone disasters. If you don’t want to incur unnecessary costs or keep worrying about anything happening to your iPhone (when you are broke), insure it!
6. Deal with reputable iPhone repair companies only: To avoid wasting money on repairs that won’t be done properly, you need to work with reputable iPhone repair stores only. iPhones are highly sophisticated Smartphones that require thorough training, skill, and experience to repair properly. If you choose a novice iPhone repair store to fix your phone, you risk damaging your phone further. To avoid irreparable damage as well as unnecessary costs, deal with reputable iPhone repair stores only.
7. Do some research: Some research can also save you money and heartache when it comes to iPhone disasters. For instance, you can be able to identify the best iPhone store near you by conducting some research. You can also get solutions to common iPhone problems online after doing some research. Research can save you a lot of money and stress because you equip yourself to informed decisions.
iPhone disasters don’t have to be dreadful. Just follow the above information to avoid a lot of misery and unnecessary costs. Identity/data theft can be prevented by setting passcodes. Data loss can be prevented by backing up your iPhone using services like iCloud. Screen damage can be prevented by investing in a screen protector, and water damage can be prevented by buying a waterproof casing. To avoid unnecessary costs in case your phone is stolen, damaged or lost, get phone insurance. Some research also goes a long way when you want to equip yourself with useful knowledge on handling iPhone disasters. Lastly, deal with iPhone repair experts only to avoid damaging your phone permanently and still incurring repair costs.